Chief Information Officer
Chief Information Officer
#34886 Chief Information Officer
Billings, Montana - Billings Clinic has exclusively retained Arrow Solutions Group to recruit for their next Chief Information Officer.
Arrow Solutions is seeking a forward-thinking, IT strategist who has a love of community and can understand the geographical footprint of Billings Clinic and its patients. This IT Leader will have strong leadership skills and the vision of the future of healthcare technology in Billings Clinic. The ability of this CIO to recognize and implement IT efficiencies within the organization will allow Billings Clinic to grow, ensure better patient care, prepare for the future of healthcare and offer the best experience to all those who touch their organization.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will lead the Billings Clinic in their ongoing commitment to support and promote the strategic use of information technology to advance the mission of the organization. As a leadership position, the CIO is responsible for an ongoing envisioning of the future technology needs at Billings Clinic and for recommending technology resource strategies, priorities, and projects that will best achieve the organization’s strategic objectives.
As the CIO, you will manage strategic and tactical activities to ensure organization satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance and resource management. This position is responsible for coordination of technology infrastructure, enterprise applications, and voice and data connectivity throughout the company. You will be responsible for creating and implementing the information technology strategy through the management of the IT department’s day-to-day operations. You will direct and manage IT-oriented strategic plans, policies, programs, technology support services, network communications, and business intelligence systems to accomplish business goals and objectives.
The CIO is a key member of the senior management team and will drive the business along with other key management. As such, the CIO must possess strong leadership, management, and communication skills to work effectively at all levels. This position will lead high profile strategic transformational initiatives that will directly impact the success of the business.
The CIO will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The successful candidate will add value by:
- Assessing and anticipating technology projects and recommending appropriate action and resources.
- Recommending and/or determining the organization’s long-term system needs and proposing hardware/software solutions to accomplish the business objectives.
- Actively participating in several key committees, board-level meetings, community activities and planning committees.
- Interfacing with and participating in all facets of Billings Clinic Leadership.
- Working with the senior management team to coordinate corporate IT resource requirements to complete and update annual strategic plans.
- Participating in the development of strategies and the completion of IT-related contract upgrades and renewals.
- Recognizing, creating and tracking value-added and ROI activities.
- Ensuring contract administration, extensions and enhancements.
- Negotiating and maintaining responsibility for managing various IT-related vendor contracts.
- Directing budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business processes and database system strategy.
- Actively participating in both strategic planning and operational activities to manage IT strategic investments and effectively set and balance technology priorities and efficient IT operations across the organization.
- Build and promote collaboration and transparency across the company over decisions on alignment of IT resources and strategic direction, including prioritization and timing of IT projects. Provide leadership and foster an environment of open dialogue.
- Oversee management of portfolio of technology projects using defined project management methodologies, effective communication with project champions/sponsors, and management of resources and other project constraints. Effectively prioritize and maintain control over project management activities.
- Develop and establish appropriate operating policies, technology standards and procedures to ensure security policy compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree strongly preferred
- 15+ years of experience in the Information Technology field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years in an IT organization leadership role; Experience leading a Healthcare IT organization or in a Healthcare IT senior leadership position required
- Substantial exposure to clinical and financial enterprise software applications and hardware platforms with experience in systems design and development, with demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across the organization
- Business experience in formulating revenue streams and other ways of moving the business forward
The Billings Clinic is the largest healthcare organization in the region that is a physician-led, integrated group practice with 400+ physicians and advanced practitioners offering 50+ specialties. Billings Clinic was the first Montana Magnet® -designated healthcare organization for nursing excellence and is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. Physician leadership is embedded in the organization with a physician CEO and through its internal and community governing boards that have physician members. Rural health is important to the Billings Clinic and they currently manage 11 Critical Access Hospitals and have other partnerships in the region.
Billings is the biggest city in Montana and boasts a population of 111,150. Billings is ranked #73 on Forbes’ best small cities for business and careers. Additionally, the city was voted by Outside Magazine as "America’s Best Town of 2016".
Enjoy the ultimate work-life balance in Billings as one of the safest and healthiest places to live and work in the country. Robust communities, strong core values, and friendly people create a unique small town atmosphere. Experience the world-class skiing and fly fishing, hike in the most popular national parks, and ride miles of bike trails above and below the famous Rimrocks.
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States.
For more information on this job go to www.arrowsolutionsgroup.com/bc-cio-search-2018
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org